If you have received a prepayment from the customer for work that is not yet done. Use Receive Payments to record the payment.
- Choose Receive Payments from the customer menu.
- Select the customer from whom prepayment is made.
- Select the Payment mode either cash, check or credit card.
- If you are depositing the payment amount to any of your bank then choose the bank in the Deposit this amount into field.
- To keep the "Cash In Hand", don't select any option
- If you want to keep the cash in a fund to deposit later, select Group with Undeposited Funds.
- Prepayment is done only if there is no invoice for the customer.If the customer has invoice then the amount should be paid against the invoice listed.
- Enter amount in the Total amount field.
- Click Submit to record the prepayment from the customer.