- What is plagiarism-free content?
- Why plagiarism free content is essential for eCommerce websites?
- 1. Website reputation
- 2. SEO benefits
- 3. Improved credibility in the audience
- 4. Improve organic traffic
- 5. Plagiarism-free content is linkable
- 6. Improves peer relations
Modern eCommerce businesses have many requirements. So, why is plagiarism-free content one of them?
Plagiarism is an unethical practice, and it can cause many issues. With around 20-24 million active eCommerce websites, one must ensure quality and integrity by avoiding plagiarism. This article will explain why avoiding plagiarism is necessary for eCommerce businesses. So, let’s dive right into it.
What is plagiarism-free content?
Plagiarism-free content is any content that doesn’t commit any duplicity. If you are wondering, then it’s essential to know that there are different types of plagiarism:
- Literal plagiarism: Copying and pasting content word for word without giving credit to the original author.
- Semantic plagiarism: Paraphrasing content without giving credit to the original author.
- Substantial similarity: When someone copies a sentence or paragraph similar in meaning to another person’s work but does not copy it verbatim.
- Informal paraphrase: When someone copies a sentence or paragraph similar in meaning to another person’s work but does not copy it verbatim.
We should always be careful about these types of plagiarism because they can lead to copyright infringement lawsuits, which can result in fines and damages for your eCommerce company.
But how can we check for plagiarism in our content? The answer is very simple.
The only authentic source of checking plagiarism is a free plagiarism checker, as this tool efficiently highlights every type of plagiarism and provides you with a complete plagiarism report.
Luckily, there are many available online, you can get any of them and start ensuring the uniqueness of your content.
Why plagiarism free content is essential for eCommerce websites?
From citing the source to ensuring originality from the get-go to using a plagiarism checker before posting, eCommerce websites need to do all they can to avoid plagiarism. And to help you understand why there are six main benefits of doing so:
1. Website reputation
A website’s reputation in the online world depends on many key factors. The first is about the website’s visual quality, and the second is about the website’s content quality. This category falls into many things, such as written and visual content.
So, what happens if either of those content types has plagiarism in it? The reputation of that website plummets immensely. And it doesn’t only cause issues with search engines but with audiences as well. Thus, the website’s reputation is the first thing that takes a hit when plagiarized content is detected.
On the other hand, quality websites with zero plagiarism have many benefits, such as:
- Improved reputation.
- More credibility.
- Higher domain authority.
- More likelihood of SEO ranks ahead of the competition.
- Belief and trust from the audience.
- Improved retention rates.
- Higher chances of conversions.
These aren’t just bluffs, as these are proven true about websites with original and integral content. That’s why creating a plagiarism-free eCommerce website is essential.
2. SEO benefits
SEO or search engine optimization is about posting content that stands out. So, ask yourself, is plagiarized content something that’ll stand out? No, it’ll get lost in the shuffle. And, in the worst-case scenario, it costs you a penalty from Google.
That’s something you don’t want under your belt and something your website needs to steer away from. That’s why SEO content needs to be plagiarism-free. So, how exactly does it benefit SEO? Here are a few reasons:
- Plagiarism-free content is original—something preferred by search engine crawlers.
- On-Page SEO requires content to be 100% original.
- Plagiarism-free text is generally considered good for traffic.
- Avoiding plagiarism improves quality and ensures proper keyword placement and density.
- Most webmasters check for plagiarism before posting.
So, you don’t only need to ensure your content is plagiarism-free, but it’s your responsibility. If you wish to gain SEO-related benefits, then you need to write content from scratch—to write everything original.
Thus, failing to do so won’t only cause you viable SEO ranks but also disregard any other things you might have worked towards, such as good domain authority.
3. Improved credibility in the audience
Credibility among the audience depends on many things. However, nothing is more important than posting original content and showing your expertise. In today’s world, when people consider online content and quality before making purchases, an eCommerce business needs to focus on original content.
Now, there are plenty of types of content that an eCommerce website posts, such as:
- Tutorials and how-tos.
- Informative blog posts.
- Listicles and general articles.
If any of these content types have plagiarism, do you think it’ll make an impact? No, it would cause your audience to pull away, as plagiarism isn’t appreciated in any niche or industry. That’s why removing or avoiding plagiarism is essential before posting such content types.
Doing so will improve your credibility and establish your authority and expertise in your industry. So, how exactly do you do that? Before posting your content, take a little time to do this:
- Use a plagiarism checker.
- Scan for any duplicity.
- Cite the source if duplicity is found.
- Or remove the plagiarized section.
This way, you will avoid plagiarism and its relative harm. So, make sure you scan your content every time before posting and cite the source or remove plagiarized sections to avoid issues.
4. Improve organic traffic
Organic traffic in the online world depends on a few things. Such as your content’s quality and originality. If you’re constantly posting original content, your audience will pour in. But, failure to do so can cause the reverse effect.
So, to generate organic traffic from search engines, social media networks, emails, or paid adverts, you need to avoid plagiarism. This will vastly improve the incoming traffic to your website mainly because your pages will rank higher in SERP (search engine results page).
Therefore, post original content and avoid plagiarism on all platforms you use.
5. Plagiarism-free content is linkable
Linkable content is one of the easiest ways to stand out in SERP. To avoid plagiarism-related strikes, you must avoid duplicating another author’s content. But, to earn a viable backlink from another authoritative website, you need plagiarism-free content.
So, earning viable backlinks isn’t only important; it’s necessary to help you build relations with your peers and allow you to garner valuable backlinks. This way, your website’s authority will increase, and so will the quality of backlinks within your content.
As a result, your eCommerce venture will find more traffic pouring in from organic means, such as search engines and other websites, blogs, etc.
6. Improves peer relations
Any eCommerce business requires good relations with influencers and fellow brands or websites. To build up those relations, it’s important to garner backlinks and cite the original author’s source. This way, you build valuable relations that could help you with a few things, such as:
- Generating quality backlinks.
- Creates opportunities for guest posting on higher authority websites.
- Improves quality content posted on your website — by you or others.
- Generates traffic from other domains.
These are some benefits that should tell you about the importance of plagiarism-free content. It’s not only necessary but absolutely important to help you stand out. Therefore, always check your content for plagiarism before posting.